Tuesday 17 April 2018

Shuchorita Epik wins runner-up in BVBA Veterinary Student Award



Shuchorita Epik, an undergraduate student at R(D)SVS with a keen interest in animal behaviour, was recently awarded the runner-up prize for the BVBA Veterinary Student Award.

She wrote this piece about her experience collecting the award in Birmingham on 4th April.

-" Attending the BVBA Study Day last week was a rewarding and very humbling experience for me, 
and I’m incredibly grateful to Dr. Amy Miele and everyone at the BVBA for such a valuable opportunity.

The process of writing the essay for this award made me reflect upon how much I have been taught in the last few years to allow me to carry my previous experience in animal behaviour into a future career as a veterinary clinician, something which I had been concerned about upon making the decision to shift fields.

I felt inspired hearing so many accomplished speakers discuss behaviour in its absolutely relevant context within the realm of animal medicine—in an age where animal welfare and ethics are still met with such controversy, it was incredibly uplifting to sit in a room full of such dedicated professionals. 

This very engaging conference day has left me with a great motivational boost to continue pursuing a post-graduation career in which behavioural considerations can be at the forefront of all of my clinical endeavors".


Many congratulations to Shochorita on her success!

No comments:

Post a Comment